Introduction to Google Analytics
About This Workshop
Google Analytics is an incredibly robust, free tool for measuring web traffic data. In this class, you’ll get to know the basics of using Google Analytics to track and evaluate performance and draw insights to improve your business. Starting with basic terminology and key metrics, you’ll build a foundation of knowledge before diving deeper into more complex analytics techniques, including advertising tracking and custom segments. You’ll walk away with a fundamental understanding of Google Analytics’ role in running and operating your business.
- Learn the basic setup, navigation, and interface of Google Analytics
- Get acquainted with basic terminology and mathematical formulas to understand key metrics
- Be able to identify the metrics that matter for your specific business case and how to use them to make educated decisions
- Understand how to track goals and goal funnels
- Learn to identify exceptions and surface actionable insights
- Please bring a laptop computer to class (a Windows PC or MacBook)
- Have the Google Chrome Web Browser installed on your computer (https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html)
- Sign up for a Google Demo Account (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/demoAccount)
- Bookmark this worksheet: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1esbw1p3htF3S-iA57UNl5HuFJbjpXaRuiAwzxzKDasw/edit?usp=sharing)
This session is taken completely online using Zoom and Slack.
You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection. .
Download Zoom. Zoom is the video conferencing tool we will use. It works a lot like Google Hangouts or Skype. You will need to create an account in order to join the call.
We will provide a link to the session via email 24 hours in advance - keep an eye on your inbox
This session will not be recorded, however slides will be shared following the class.
About the Instructor
Head of SEO ,
Full Measure Digital
A search marketing specialist who's overseen campaigns for FTSE 250-listed corporations and national retailers alike, Greg came to
Melbourne digital marketing agency Full Measure Digital from the startup world, serving as Growth Marketing Manager at travel startup Rome2rio. In addition to being a featured speaker at Monash University and RMIT, Greg's been featured in numerous publications, including Fast Company.